Wednesday

Day 1- Ready, Set, Let Go!

Today’s Quote: “The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers —or even for God.”- Scott Peck 

Today’s Song: "Times"~ 10th Avenue North




Hello you beautiful thing, and welcome to the first day of our journey together. 

I know right now your heart is probably aching over everything that you’re going through with this guy. 


You are so not alone. 

SO many girls out there everyday are struggling with unhealthy relationships, and everything that goes along with them. For a long time, I was one of them.

I truly feel like it is no accident that you are reading this. 

I see more beautiful and intelligent girls making such stupid relationship choices that I finally had to come to the conclusion that we are not getting very good advice. Whether it be from 


each other, 





our magazines, 





our Moms, 



television, movies-  




there seems to be a real lack of good, healthy, realistic guidance for girls in relationships. 


The advice we do get a lot of times is something like a little floaty being tossed to us while we are drowning in a trashing sea of emotional chaos. 

Okay, I know that’s a little dramatic (for some of us)- but what I’m trying to say is that it’s insufficient. 

We need a ship. 

A ship with a big, strong, brave man who will jump in after us and pull us to our rescue.

But I’m getting ahead of myself here. What I really just want to say is welcome. Welcome to my blog. You will like it. It’s for you.

If you haven’t already noticed there’s a lot going on here. 

That is because there is a lot going on here, if you know what I'm saying. We have got a lot going on in us and with us right now.The female mind and heart always does; but especially in this type of situation. It’s like being in emotional overdrive, isn't it?

So what I am really hoping to help you do over this first week is to just calm and settle that piece of all of us that just wants to act and react all the time. 


That we maybe could just grasp this thing for exactly what it is, and learn to act accordingly. Wouldn’t that be something?

Please, please don’t ever think that I’m talking down to you. 
While I will say that I do have more knowledge and experience in this arena than any sensible person would have ever put herself through, I do not want to pretend that I’m anything more than just a girl who’s been through the heartbreak of an unhealthy relationship, and wants to reach out to girls in the same situation. 

I have a feeling that you’ve been needing a big-sister type to give you good and healthy advice, and I’ve been itching to put my experience to good use.

So let’s do this!

Let's end our first official day together by getting real.

Very simple and basic, but so necessary to any growth and healing is that we are able to be completely open and honest with ourselves.

If we want to change for the better, we better first be willing to admit that we've done our share of ugly. And that we really do carry some of the responsibility for why things are the way they are in our lives.

I’m not talking about shouldering the blame for something that is not your fault. I’m talking about being honest about just how imperfect you are. We all are.  


We all fall short in so many ways and believe it or not, learning to own up to our own weaknesses and shortcomings turns out to be a HUGE strength in the long run. 

After all, those who think they know it all will never grow at all. But those who know they have a long way to go, will go a long way. So simple, but so true.

So let's own up to our issues.

We all have them. If you are reading this it is likely that you’ve got some relationship issues. Some things that have taken root deep inside of you that are not good.

Again, I’m not saying that you are to blame for all of these issues, but what I am saying is that you need to drop your need to be blameless. This is not the place for that. 

If you’ve ever felt like you’ve had to “perform” to be loved, set those pressures and those people aside. God loves you despite anything. And when push comes to shove, you walk this walk with him alone.

Today's Dare: Get a brand new journal to write all of your thoughts and feelings while you’re on this journey. Make it a pretty one. We’ll be using this journal for other dares throughout this journey.